Delta - code inspection and diff tools
Delta is a suite of source code diff cgi scripts. Adapted from cvsweb, it makes code inspection easy. It also provides another diff tool with which you can either compare two files or two directories recursively. It is written in perl and uses String::Ediff for finer diff.
comparing two directories
1. Emacs ediff-style human friendly diffs
2. Web-based code inspection, code inspect is just one click away
3. Recursively compare directories and content compared can be controlled
tar zxvf delta.tgz into a web server home directory.
Example installation for Apache 1.3 on Linux:
1. Download and build apache 1.3
2. create a directory called html in your home directory
3. cd html; tar zxvf delta.tgz
4. create a file called html.conf in html with the following content
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/your-login/html/cgi-bin/"
Make sure change your-login.
5. copy the httpd built in step 1 to html and rename it to apache
6. start apache with the following command
./apache -f `pwd`/html.conf
important: you should start the server as yourself not as root
7. open a browser (firefox for example) and type in the following url:
1. code inspection:
2. comparing 2 directories or 2 files:
enter the paths of the two directories or files
Change localhost to the host name or ip of your computer
FreeBSD CVSweb Project
PERL module: String::Ediff
Last modified: Thu Jul 8 06:06:44 EDT 2004